Rome offers some interesting and diverse food tours showcasing its exciting Italian cuisine. Indulge in sweet delicacies such as tiramisu and gelato with local food experts, engage in a food sightseeing tour or simply dine in style with one of our tailor-made Michelin star tours. Whatever wets your appetite, Rome will undoubtedly satisfy your taste needs, start here https://www.secretfoodtours.com/rome/ and get ready to explore Rome!
1. If you prefer to shy away from the mainstream tourist path, a tasty tour of Testaccio foods may give you an honest portrayal of Rome’s true authentic cuisine. Highlights include visits to local markets while testing some interesting and exciting street food. Furthermore, the guest will be educated with various information and get a real feel of how the locals prepare and cook Italian food. An unforgettable tour for the bohemian traveler and food lover.
2. For those that have a sweeter tooth, take an espresso walking tour around some of the most famous Roman cafes. Sweet treats include tiramisu and gelato not to mention a wide range of other sweet luxuries. Also, an insight into Rome’s famous artisan coffee roasting techniques will be shown, accompanied by a detailed history presentation from the guide. A final stop at the famous Tiramisu shop is included at the end of the excursion giving the tourist an opportunity to sample and purchase their favorite sweets. This is perfect for small groups, and the tour can be presented in a variation of languages.
3. A Sunday Rome tour can offer food lovers a memorable and unique experience of the city. It delves into the ancient history of Rome with visits to some of the oldest bakeries and kitchens. It also gives tourists a real idea of how the food in Rome has developed over the years. Another highlight of the tour is sampling some of the best street foods from fried artichokes to zucchini. This gives foodies an insight into the Jewish-Roman flavors to test their respective food palettes. During the excursion, various famous Roman landmarks can be seen adding extra value to this particular trip.
4. Involving wine into your food tour could be what you are missing. Many Italian foods greatly compliment a glass of vino with guests being educated in paring foods with wine. This progressive tour gives food lovers a good knowledge of how Roman food compliments the respective wines of Italy with various samples on offer. It is a walking tour that also offers people the chance to see many superb examples of Rome’s fine architectural achievements. A must for food and wine lovers.
5. For those that are lovers of the classic Italian pizza, you could be in for a real treat. This tour includes an informative display presented by the guide on Italian foods from coast to coast without leaving the city. The tour will continue with visits to local markets, sampling fine cheeses, and meats ending with in an educational display in pizza making. Taking place in a traditional pizzeria, lessons are shown on how to prepare the dough properly to applying the topping. Secret tips are provided to assist novices in making the perfect pizza that will satisfy their personal tastes. This is a unique food experience of Rome offering a personal touch to tourists.